Wednesday 9 March 2011

Onion Garlic Rice


Onion Garlic Rice


There have been a good few occasions when I have spent a lot of time just making a variety of side dish and run out of time and energy to make a nice rice dish. Although a simple pulav may not take much time I somehow don’t feel very enthusiastic about putting the same vegetables I put in the side dish. I wanted a fool proof rice recipe that is quick and awesome and bingo, this is the one. It can be made in minutes and can be enjoyed with a variety of side dishes loaded with vegetables. My husband absolutely loved this rice and it made me feel great as it is such an effortless recipe. This one I am sure will appear on our table very often. Reading the recipe, you may think it is way too simple for it to taste good but you got to trust me on this one. Here is my way of making this…

1 cup rice, cooked and fluffed
1 bunch salad/spring onions, chopped (both green and white part)
6-8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Cooking oil
Salt to taste

Heat about a tablespoon oil in a wok and add the minced garlic and allow it to brown slightly and add the spring onions and cook until all raw smell goes off and the onion looks wilted and soft

Add the rice and required salt, mix and serve



I tried this recipe with Jumbo spring onion as well but it was not as good as normal ones. You could also cook the rice, refrigerate it for a while and then add to the garlic and onions as this was the grains remain separate.

No comments:

Post a Comment