Tuesday 7 September 2010

Crispy Bread

Crispy Bread


I was looking for a quick and easy snack to give some energy to my husband who was doing a lot of work around the house. Also, I wanted to give a light snack to my son as it was not long before dinner time. I found a crispy bread recipe on tarladalal.com and decided to adapt it. It is a very simple dish and I do not even have much to talk about. We usually have wholemeal bread and so used to it that we do not like white bread. I also like Kingsmills crust free bread which is supposed to be 50% wholemeal. Here is how you do this...

4 bread slices
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
Olive oil
Salt
Cheese of your choice

Cut the bread slices into 4 triangles, apply some olive oil on both sides and toast in a preheated oven at 150degC for 3 minutes.

Sprinkle garlic and salt on the toasts and bake for further 6 minutes.



If desired sprinkle some cheese that would melt and bake for 2 minutes.



Crispy snack ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment